- Posted: November 6, 2023
- Job Title: Goalkeeping Coach
- Full-time, year-round employment
- Location: Malvern, PA
- Compensation: $50,000-$60,000
The Goalie Trainer is a pioneering organization dedicated to training field hockey goalies. We welcome Goalies of all ages and skill levels, guiding them toward their full potential.
Established in May 2020, The Goalie Trainer opened the doors to its dedicated goalkeeping training facility in January 2021, the first of its kind. We proudly serve over sixty student athletes weekly through personalized small-group training sessions. Over the past year, we’ve successfully coached hundreds of goalies representing 46 clubs and 53 colleges from 17 states.
Our journey has been marked by remarkable growth, leading to an expanded portfolio that includes coach education, events, camps, online and virtual coaching, speaking engagements, specialized clinics, private training, and recruiting support for aspiring goalies pursuing collegiate play.
At The Goalie Trainer, we embrace the motto “bring your best, leave better,” not only as our guiding principle for athletes but also as an embodiment of our coaches’ commitment and dedication.
We’re currently seeking a Goalkeeping Coach to join our team. This presents an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated coach to make a direct and meaningful impact on our goalie community and their families.
On Field Coaching
- Coaching and assistant coaching of field hockey goalkeepers, primarily in weekly small-group training sessions as well as at camps, clinics, team, and individual settings
- Delivering The Goalie Trainer curriculum and instruction to high school and club teams.
Off Field Coaching
- Designing Curriculum
- Developing coach education materials
- Creating schedules and programming for camps and clinics
- Emailing coaching points to athletes and parents
- Counseling for college recruiting: developing materials and consulting with athletes and families
Business Management (desired, but not required):
- Managing merchandise design
- Maintaining and organizing inventory
- Creating engaging Instagram and Facebook posts
- Communicating staffing confirmation
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A bachelor’s degree and 2+ year’s coaching experience.
- Empathetic and attuned to the needs and desires of our athletes and their families.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Proficiency in written communication and email correspondence.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse personalities.
- Proficiency with the Google Workshop suite of applications relying heavily on spreadsheets.
- Physically capable of performing training tasks.
- Able to drive, must have a reliable vehicle.
- Able to visit off-site facilities across the region.
- Have or can obtain FBI and state child abuse clearances.
- Have or can obtain First-Aid/CPR certification.
- Able to work nights and weekends regularly.
At The Goalie Trainer, we believe in hard work and a healthy work-life balance. Anticipate a 30-50 hour workweek encompassing a blend of on-field and off-field responsibilities, with the balance subject to seasonal variations.
Generally, field activities take place between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m. on weekdays and during the day on Saturday or Sunday. As part of this role, there may be occasions when you are scheduled to work on specific holidays such as Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples Day and MLK. The Goalie Trainer does not conduct training sessions on New Year’s Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
On-Field Sample Schedule
- Monday: Supervise programming at a partner club or lead individual training sessions at The Goalie Trainer facility
- Tuesday: Delivery of The Goalie Trainer curriculum and instruction to local high school
- Wednesday: Evening small group training at The Goalie Trainer facility
- Thursday: Off
- Friday: Remote curriculum development
- Saturday: Small group training between 9-5
- Sunday: Off
This position will work closely with and be reporting to the owner, Emily Snowden. Administrative support is provided by Amy Kieft.
To apply, send a Cover Letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we will be reviewing and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Early applications are more likely to receive prompt consideration.
The Goalie Trainer adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. FBI and state child abuse background check will be required after a conditional job offer is made.